Community theatre is driven by volunteer effort.
Strauss Theatre Center is a non-profit community theatre dedicated to producing high quality theatrical experiences for both our patrons and volunteers. Members of our community have the unique opportunity to learn more about theatre production and hone their talents while enjoying the affable spirit of a community theatre. We invite any interested member of our community to get involved either onstage, backstage or in the front of the house.
- Tech workers– People who handle the switches and circuits so audiences can see and hear actors
- Set builders– Heavy hitters who design, build, and paint everything from remote castles to 21st century apartments actors inhabit on stage
- Backstage crew– People who quietly move sets, place props, and raise and lower backdrops, usually in the dark, hopefully without injuring anyone
- Costumers– Artistic types who can make silk purses out of sow’s ears
- Marketing– People who will help us tell our story, from designers to those who can deliver posters when needed
- Hospitality, Greeters and Ushers– Out-going smilers who put the best face of the theatre before the public
- Box office- Detail- oriented individuals who can help with Box Office duties such as membership and ticket sales
- And more!
For more information, please contact Donna Branson at (318) 323-6681.